Homemade baked tortilla chips (made with olive oil) will be your new healthy snacking addiction! Eating a whole bag of chips and salsa or guacamole is about to be way less regretful: they’re much healthier than store-bought ones! Warm baked tortilla chips sprinkled with your favorite seasonings right out of the oven…WOW.
This weekend is game day! You’ll catch me watching the Buffalo Bills vs. Patriots game munching on these nervously. I may need to bring out the big guns (my calzone recipe) to soften the blow. HA!
- Corn tortillas – regular corn tortillas are the best base for baked tortilla chips!
- Extra virgin olive oil – olive oil is a healthy oil that will help your tortilla chips crisp up in the oven.
- Salt – salt and tortilla chips go hand-in-hand.
- Lime juice (optional) – a little lime juice mixed into your olive oil will flavor your chips!
- Seasonings of choice (optional) – choose a seasoning that you love and sprinkle it on your chips, hot out of the oven.
How to Make Healthy Baked Tortilla Chips
- Slice corn tortillas
Slice corn tortillas into wedges. Place wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Brush with olive oil
Mix olive oil with lime juice (optional). Using a basting brush and brush both sides of each wedge lightly with olive oil.
Bake chips for 8-10 minutes until crispy.
Salt and season chips immediately out of the oven. Repeat process for consecutive batches.
Tortilla Chip Seasonings
You can flavor your olive oil with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. For extra flavor, try these seasonings!
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Mexican seasoning blend
- Smoked paprika
- Chili powder
- Chipotle powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Experiment mixing spices together!
What to Serve With Healthy Baked Tortilla Chips
Serve your chips with:
- Pico de gallo
- Jalapeño Mango Salsa
- Sweet Potato Spread
- Lemon Garlic Hummus
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes! Most corn tortillas are made from 100% ground corn, which is gluten free! Extra virgin olive oil is also naturally gluten free.
Yes! These tortilla chips are made from plain corn tortillas, olive oil and salt which are all vegan.
Homemade tortilla chips are best eaten within 5 days, stored in an airtight container. Over time, they’ll lose their crispiness. They are most delicious enjoyed fresh out of the oven!
More Healthy Snacks on Tastefully Grace!
- 3-Ingredient Healthy Apple Pie Bites
- Peanut Butter Oat Protein Bites
- Homemade Dill Pickles
- Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles
- Homemade Honey Peanut Butter
- 10 small corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lime, juiced optional
- Seasonings of choice optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice corn tortillas into wedges. I like to slice tortillas into quarters, and then slice the quarters in half.
- Place wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Mix olive oil with lime juice (optional). Using a basting brush, brush wedges with a very light layer of olive oil. Flip wedges over and brush other sides with a very light layer of olive oil.
- Bake chips for 8-10 minutes until crispy. No need to flip the chips in the oven.
- Salt and season chips (with seasoning of choice) immediately out of the oven. Be generous with the salt!
- Repeat for consecutive batches. Best served warm (with salsa or guac!).
- Store extras in an airtight container. Over time, the chips will lose a bit of their crispiness.