Curried chicken salad doesn’t have to be difficult to make! This chicken salad recipe uses rotisserie chicken to cut out extra cooking time while still packing a flavor punch from curry powder, crunchy veggies, juicy grapes and buttery cashews.
Many chicken salads are ultra-creamy and lack depth and flavor. This chicken salad is the opposite! It’s just a touch creamy, loaded with veggies that add texture and crunch. A blend of fresh grapes, golden raisins, and cashews are the perfect accompaniments to the warm, deep flavor of curry powder!
Another fun salad that’s not with lettuce is this deliciously fresh Salmon Salad loaded with lemon, fresh veggies, and dill.
Easy Curried Chicken Salad Recipe
The easiest thing about this chicken salad is you don’t need to cook the chicken! Using rotisserie chicken cuts out unnecessary steps. Better yet, rotisserie chicken doesn’t compromise on taste; it’s so flavorful, moist, tender and delicious.
Curry Chicken Salad Ingredients
- Rotisserie chickens – rotisserie chickens are precooked and easy to use. Plus they are so flavorful!
- Red onion – red onion adds crunch and a sharpness that cuts the richness of mayo.
- Celery – celery adds crunch, a sweet earthiness, and a pop of green.
- English cucumber – cucumber adds freshness and crunch.
- Grapes – grapes add a juicy sweetness.
- Golden raisins – golden raisins add a fruity, sweetness that goes so well with the curry.
- Cashews – cashews add a buttery crunch that complements the curry powder.
- Mayonnaise (regular or light mayo) – mayo brings the chicken salad together. This salad has just the right amount of creaminess without being too thick and heavy.
- Curry powder – curry powder is rich and earthy, adding a whole new dimension to chicken salad.
How to Make Curried Chicken Salad
Making curried chicken salad is as easy as 1-2-3! The full recipe with step-by-step instructions is in the recipe card (this is just an outline!).
- Add ingredients to a bowl.
Add skinless, shredded rotisserie chicken, onion, celery, cucumber, grapes, golden raisins, and cashews to a large bowl.
- Mix together mayo.
In a separate bowl, combine curry powder with mayo, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss and serve.
Toss curry mayo into the shredded chicken mixture until combined. Bam. Serve!
How to Serve Curried Chicken Salad
This curried chicken salad is so good you’ll want to eat it alone – no bread needed! If you want to get more fancy, serve your chicken salad one of these yummy ways:
- Sandwich – chicken salad sandwich on a croissant, crusty bread or a wrap? It’s a classic for a reason!
- Lettuce Wraps – make curried chicken salad lettuce wraps with Bibb lettuce! So healthy and easy to bring for a picnic or lunch on-the-go! Try Salmon Salad as lettuce wraps while you’re at it.
- On a Salad – want a protein on top of your green salad? Add a scoop of curried chicken salad.
- With Pita or Naan – serve your chicken salad with pita or Naan Bread.
- In Phyllo Cups – phyllo cups are cute little pastry cups that you can typically find in the freezer section of the grocery store. Bake off the cups and load them up with delicious curried chicken salad for a quick appetizer. Try these Spanakopita too.
- On Cucumber Rounds – another appetizer or snack idea: cut cucumber into rounds and spoon chicken salad on each round. Beautiful, healthy, easy and delicious.
How Long Can You Keep Homemade Chicken Salad?
Curried chicken salad keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for 3-4 days.
More Salad Recipes On Tastefully Grace!
- 2 plain rotisserie chickens 1 ¾ to 2 pounds each chicken
- 1 small red onion chopped
- ½ pound celery stalks with leaves chopped
- 1 English cucumber chopped
- ¾ cup red grapes halved
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 ½ cups unsalted cashews
- 1 ¼ cup mayonnaise regular or light mayo
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Remove the skin, and shred rotisserie chicken meat into bite-sized pieces. Place shredded chicken in a large bowl.
- Add onion, celery, cucumber, grapes, golden raisins, and cashews to the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine curry powder with mayo, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add curry mayo to the large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Stores well in the refrigerator, covered, for 3-4 days!
- You can buy your rotisserie chickens from the grocery store a day in advance of using them for chicken salad. Simply keep your chickens in the refrigerator until you’re ready to make the salad.
- You can use two forks, clean hands, or a carving knife and fork to remove skin and shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- You can use all grapes, all golden raisins, or a blend of grapes and raisins (my favorite combo!)